DD-WRT Router Setup Guide
Our service is compatible with routers running DD-WRT. However please note:
- If you do not already have a compatible router or do not wish to risk bricking it, we recommend FlashRouters who offer a variety of custom-built DD-WRT routers specially configured for IVPN. We receive no commission from sales but we highly recommend them as they have the expertise to support DD-WRT with its constantly evolving firmware and associated bugs.
- If you already have a router FlashRouters offer support plans where they will remotely install the correct firmware on your router and configure it to connect to our VPN service.
- We do not provide support in getting DD-WRT or Tomato firmware installed on your router. You install DD-WRT at your own risk. We take no responsibility if you brick/damage your router in the process.
- Please ensure that you are using the latest version of the DD-WRT firmware. There are multiple bugs relating to OpenVPN and DNS in older versions.
- Our DD-WRT OpenVPN scripts will not work with MINI or MICRO versions of DD-WRT. You must install the BIG or MEGA versions of the DD-WRT firmware (Some customers have reported STD versions working).