Does IVPN offer Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS)?
Yes, our OpenVPN servers are configured to automatically generate new encryption keys every hour. If an adversary was able to crack the encryption key, they would only be able to decrypt the traffic captures since the last key rotation.
To give you some idea of the requirements to brute force an AES 256 bit key, 50 supercomputers that could check a billion billion (10^18) AES keys per second. If such a device could ever be made it would, in theory, require about 3 × 10^51 years to exhaust the 256-bit key space.
- How Do I Know when I'm Protected by IVPN?
- Do you collect or store any usage/stats information relating to an account?
- How do we react when requested by an authority for information relating to a customer?
- What information do you collect and store when I signup for your service?
- Using WireGuard® for Privacy Protection