Does IVPN offer Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS)?
Yes, our OpenVPN servers are configured to automatically generate new encryption keys every hour. If an adversary was able to crack the encryption key, they would only be able to decrypt the traffic captures since the last key rotation.
To give you some idea of the requirements to brute force an AES 256 bit key, 50 supercomputers that could check a billion billion (10^18) AES keys per second. If such a device could ever be made it would, in theory, require about 3 × 10^51 years to exhaust the 256-bit key space.
- How do we react when requested by an authority for information relating to a customer?
- Using WireGuard® for Privacy Protection
- Do you collect or store any usage/stats information relating to an account?
- What information is stored when I stop using your service?
- What information do you collect and store when I signup for your service?
Still have questions?
Get in touch and we'll get back to you in a few hours.Contact support
Interested in privacy?
Read our latest privacy news and keep up-to-date on IVPN services.Visit IVPN Blog