How do we react when requested by an authority for information relating to a customer?
The company is incorporated in Gibraltar. If a court order is received from a recognized legal authority with jurisdiction over IVPN, then the company will comply with that order. However, the company cannot be compelled to hand over information which it does not have. Our Legal Guidelines page has more details.
When a customer signs up we do not request any personal information. If it ever becomes required by law for us to keep a persistent log of our customers' connections or any personal data relating to their network activity, we will immediately notify our customers and do everything in our power to move jurisdictions or close the service to protect those who entrust their privacy to us.
- How Do I Know when I'm Protected by IVPN?
- What happens if you receive a legal notice such as a DMCA for copyright material that I have downloaded?
- What happens if laws change forcing IVPN to compromise their customers privacy?
- Do you store any logs that could be used to identify a customer?
- Using WireGuard® for Privacy Protection