What information do you collect and store when I signup for your service?
To maximize your privacy, you will not be asked for any personal information like your name, physical addresses, phone number and even the email address. This also means that we have no way to contact you in the event of any account issues, network downtime etc. If you wish to provide us with an email address so we can contact you about future issues you can optionally add one in the client area after signup. We will also not log any personally identifiable information e.g. IP address.
Depending on how payment for the service is made, some payment information may be related to your account. For example, if PayPal is used to pay for the service, a PayPal transaction ID will be associated with your account (as well as the subscription ID if a PayPal subscription has been setup).
|Date of payment||Amount||Payment method||Transaction ID||Subscription ID|
IVPN is subject to EU law and is in compliance with the EU Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC), which prohibits companies transferring data to overseas jurisdictions with weaker privacy laws. IVPN will not locate servers in countries where it’s forced to break this compliance. Due to the nature of our logging practices, VPN servers do not contain any personally identifiable information and thus, if seized, could not be used to identify users.
- How do we react when requested by an authority for information relating to a customer?
- What happens if you receive a legal notice such as a DMCA for copyright material that I have downloaded?
- Do you store any logs that could be used to identify a customer?
- What happens if laws change forcing IVPN to compromise their customers privacy?
- What information is collected and stored about all visitors to your website?