How Do I Know when I’m Protected by IVPN?
To quickly check if your VPN is working you can use a website such as infosniper.net or dnsleaktest.com or utrace.de. When you are connected and navigate to one of these websites, you should see an indication of the location of the server you are connected to and not your present location. This gives you reasonable assurance that your traffic is routed through the VPN service. However for more advanced users requiring a high level of security we recommend reviewing our guide How to perform a VPN leak test to test that your VPN is not leaking any packets.
However when using the website above please note that geolocation data is not 100% accurate. For geolocation providers (such as those above) determining the country is relatively accurate (95%-99%) since the country is required information when an IP range is allocated and IP registrars supply that information for free. However, determining the physical location down to a city is more difficult and less accurate because there is no official source for the information and ISP’s often base IP addresses in a city where the company is basing its operations. Accuracy rates for cities is 50-80% according to dnsstuff.com. If you would like a more accurate tool to determine the location try using Visual traceroute.
- How do we react when requested by an authority for information relating to a customer?
- What information do you collect and store when I signup for your service?
- What information is collected and stored about all visitors to your website?
- What happens if laws change forcing IVPN to compromise their customers privacy?
- Do you collect or store any usage/stats information relating to an account?