macOS - IVPN Helper agent is not starting
If you are unable to use IVPN app and getting the error about “IVPN Helper agent” being unable to start, follow the steps below:
Download the latest version of IVPN client for macOS from our website & double click on the installer.
Instead of moving the IVPN icon to your Applications folder in the popped up frame, scroll down and click on
Uninstall IVPN- this will initiate a full uninstall process, removing any files associated with the app, including configuration files
Reboot your Mac -> install the IVPN app once again and check if the problem persists.
In case the issue is still there, close the IVPN app, open the terminal on your macOS device and execute the following command:
sudo launchctl enable system/net.ivpn.client.Helper
- Tunnelblick - Password or authentication failure
- How to resolve error "IVPN.app is damaged and cannot be opened."
- How do I completely uninstall / remove Tunnelblick?
- Tunnelblick - Why is the DNS server incorrect?
- macOS - Failed to regenerate WireGuard keys. Private key generation error: 133
Still have questions?
Get in touch and we'll get back to you in a few hours.Contact support
Interested in privacy?
Read our latest privacy news and keep up-to-date on IVPN services.Visit IVPN Blog