How to resolve error “IVPN.app is damaged and cannot be opened.”
This error is caused by the macOS extended file attributes which result in app signature verification failure. We are not sure what the root cause of this issue is and it seems to affect only a very small percentage of users. The solution, however, is very simple and does not introduce any security risks. You simply have to remove the extended file attributes on the IVPN.app package.
Open Terminal.app by navigating to the utilities folder within the applications folder.
Type the command below (where ~/Downloads/IVPN.app is the path to the IVPN.app file you extracted)
xattr -rc ~/Downloads/IVPN.app
- Tunnelblick - "the internet does not appear to be reachable" error
- Tunnelblick - Password or authentication failure
- macOS - What credentials are required for the Helper Agent portion of the IVPN App install?
- "IVPN.app wants to control System Events". Why do I see this warning?
- macOS - Failed to regenerate WireGuard keys. Private key generation error: 133