I receive an ‘authentication failure’ message. What can I do?
- Check that your IVPN Account ID is in the form ‘ivpnXXXXXXXX’ or ‘i-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX’. You can check this in the Client Area.
- Check that the IVPN Account ID is entered in the correct case i.e. ‘ivpnABcd12’ is not the same as ‘ivpnabcd12’.
- You may have reached the device limit for your account. You may have to log out of the IVPN App on another device to free up a slot.
- There may be a network restriction blocking access to our authentication server. You may have to try a different network.
- Try logging out from the IVPN App, then logging back in. This will refresh the account status. The logout button is available on the ‘Account’ screen in the IVPN App on mobile devices. For macOS, the logout is accessible via the app’s menu bar icon. For Windows, please log out via the app’s ‘Settings’ area on the ‘Account’ tab.
- If you are still unable to connect, your account is most likely disabled/suspended. Verify that your VPN account is active by logging into the client area. If your account has been suspended, renew your account to automatically unsuspended it.