What is a Multi-hop VPN service?
When connecting to a Multi-hop server, instead of your traffic being routed through a single VPN server, it is routed through two VPN servers. This technology has been carefully incorporated into the IVPN network using the same 256-bit OpenVPN and WireGuard encryption as the single-hop VPN servers. Multi-hop connections offer significantly higher levels of anonymity and privacy, however, they are slightly slower than single-hop connections due to the additional hop that your traffic is routed through. We offer our customers a choice of single and Multi-hop connections for both WireGuard and OpenVPN.
The Multi-hop feature is available in our Pro plan.
- How do we react when requested by an authority for information relating to a customer?
- What information is collected and stored about all visitors to your website?
- What information is stored when I stop using your service?
- What technologies do you use at IVPN?
- How can I connect to the Multi-hop network?