This error indicates that the VPN was not cleanly disconnected from the previous session or another VPN connection is already established.
- Click the Start Menu button and then select the Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet.
- Click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Change adapter settings.
- Find the connection which is your TAP Adapter, right-click the TAP adapter and select Disable.
- Right-click the TAP adapter and select Enable.
If the above does not resolve the issue please close and restart all OpenVPN processes by following these steps
- Press ctrl alt del.
- Open task manager.
- End all instances of any process containing the word openvpn.
- Restart OpenVPN.
- Retry connecting to IVPN.
If you are on Windows 7, 64bit and you just installed the IVPN application please take note of the following:
Windows 7 x64 without updates is unable to validate our driver.
An important security update should be installed for our driver to work (on Windows 7 x64 only): KB3033929.
It was released more than 8 months ago and should be installed.
You can install it either through Windows Update or download it manually from the Microsoft update website.
More info about update can be found on the Microsoft support website.