What is AntiTracker?
AntiTracker is a new IVPN feature that enables you to block trackers that collect various information about your browser activity (e.g. Google Analytics), known malicious websites and ads. This, on par with encryption IVPN provides, significantly increases your online privacy.
How does it work?
The AntiTracker feature uses a specially configured DNS server to block domains from the publicly curated and continuously expanded GitHub project blacklist
How can I activate the AntiTracker?
The AntiTracker does not work unless you are connected to an IVPN server.
- On desktop apps for macOS and Windows, the feature is enabled by toggling the AntiTracker switch on which is located right next to the IVPN Firewall switch.
- On the iOS app, navigate to Settings by tapping on the 3 horizontal lines -> AntiTracker and toggle the Enable AntiTracker option on.
- On the Linux client, type
ivpn antitracker -onin a Terminal or include it with the connect command, like
ivpn connect -antitracker se.gw.ivpn.net
Which VPN protocols does it work with?
AntiTracker is configured to work across all OpenVPN and WireGuard servers.
Can I use it together with my browser’s ads/tracking-blocking extension?
Yes. Do keep in mind though, when using other tracker-blocking extensions, i.e. Privacy badger or Ghostery, along with our AntiTracker you might see that webpage still loads and contains various trackers. This happens because the AntiTracker is not purging these trackers from the webpage but rather prevents them from relaying any gathered data in your browser, thus mitigating a leak.
On which devices I can use AntiTracker?
AntiTracker is available across all our native apps for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android.
What is “Hardcore Mode”?
Hardcore Mode extends the AntiTracker feature further by completely blocking all IP addresses and services owned by the flagship bearers of the surveillance economy, such as Google and Facebook.
How do I activate the Hardcore Mode?
If you are mentally prepared to fully cut any ties with those companies, follow the steps below:
- On the IVPN desktop clients for macOS and Windows, navigate to the Settings/Preferences - AntiTracker tab and have the Hardcore Mode checked.
- On the iOS app, navigate to Settings by tapping on the 3 horizontal lines -> AntiTracker and have the Hardcore Mode toggled on.
- On the Android app, access the Settings area by tapping on the Gear icon -> AntiTracker and toggle the Hardcore Mode option on.
- On the Linux client, type
ivpn antitracker -on_hardcorein a Terminal or include it with the connect command, like
ivpn connect -antitracker_hard fi.gw.ivpn.net
- To enable the Hardcore Mode on routers and other manual connections, use the following DNS IP address - 10.0.254.3 (or 10.0.254.103 - when using the feature together with Multihop)