What is the default encryption cipher for VPN connections?
If you use OpenVPN 2.4 or later and do not specify a cipher in your OpenVPN configuration file, then
AES-256-GCM is used by default. If use a version of OpenVPN older than v2.4 then
AES-256-CBC will be used as the default.
If you use WireGuard, ChaCha20 is in place to encapsulate packets.
- Do you offer a kill switch or VPN firewall?
- Do you support Chromebook?
- How do I send a secure PGP encrypted email to IVPN?
- How do we react when requested by an authority for information relating to a customer?
- What information is collected and stored about all visitors to your website?
Still have questions?
Get in touch and we'll get back to you in a few hours.Contact support
Interested in privacy?
Read our latest privacy news and keep up-to-date on IVPN services.Visit IVPN Blog