This guide will help you set up an IPSec connection using IKEv2
- Open the Control panel by clicking the start menu icon and typing control
- Click Network and Internet followed by Network and Sharing Centre
- Click Setup a new connection or network
- Click Connect to a workplace, then click Next
- Click Use my Internet connection (VPN)
- Enter the address of one of the servers from the server status list (depending on which country you want to connect to).
Below that give the connection a name e.g. IVPN - GB.
Choose Remember my credentials if you don't want to enter your IVPN username/password every time you connect.
Click Create to continue
- The VPN connection is now created but we still need to configure it. Open the Network and Sharing Centre as shown in steps 1 and 2.
Click Change Adapter settings
- Right click the icon with the name of the connection you created and with the text WAN Miniport (IKE v2)
- Below it and click Properties
- Select the Security tab and change the Type of VPN to IKEv2 and the data encryption to Maximum strength encryption (disconnect if server declines)
Under Authentication select
Use Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) and Microsoft: Secureed password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) ()encryption enabled)
- Right click the icon with the name of the connection you created again and select Create shortcut
- Click Yes to create a shortcut on the desktop
- To Connect, click your Task Bar Network Icon, then Click the name of the IVPN connection and then Connect
- Enter your IVPN username and password (your username starts with 'ivpn'). Click OK to connect.
- After a few seconds the network applet should indicate that you are connected to the VPN server.
Was this answer helpful?