- Download the latest stable release. If you are using a pre-release version of macOS then you may need to download the beta release. Unless your version of macOS is not supported by the current stable release we always recommend using the stable release.
- Double-click the downloaded .dmg file to open the disk image. Double-click the Tunnelblick.app icon to install into your applications folder. You may see a warning about Tunnelblick being downloaded from the Internet - Click open to continue. When the installer asks if you want to launch or quit Tunnelblick, click Quit.
- Download the IVPN config files. Unzip the downloaded file and then open the new ivpn-openvpn-config folder. Select all the files, right-click one of them and select open with / tunnelblick.app.
- Select whether you want to enable the connections for only yourself or for all users of your computer. Next you will be asked to enter your macOS password to import the configurations.
- You will notice a new status menu icon that looks like a tunnel. Click this icon and you will be presented with a list of VPN servers that you have imported. Click on a VPN server to connect.
- Enter your IVPN username and password (The username starts with the 'ivpn'). Click Save in keychain to save the username and password for that server (if you would prefer not to have to enter your username and password every time you connect). Click OK to continue. You should see the status menu icon running some animation effects as it connects to the IVPN network.
- If the tunnel has gone dark you are connected! Click the Tunnelbick icon and you will see your active connections in the list. Click the same VPN server entry to disconnect.