Your email address is requested 100 times a day. Every time you provide it, you're trusting it won't fall into the wrong hands. IVPN's disposable email feature lets you create unlimited disposable email addresses you can share without concern, but immediately delete should they become compromised by spammers, sold to 3rd parties, or should you no longer require them.
This article will show you how to use the IVPN disposable email feature on macOS to protect your real email address.
Creating a disposable email
- To create a new Disposable Email address, launch the IVPN client, right-click the small IVPN icon and choose Private Email->Manage... as shown in the screenshot below:
- Once in the E-mail manager, click on the Generate new button to create your new random email address:
- Once created, you can use that address right away.
- You can optionally save a note along with that email address. You could use this to save information about the sites or services you have used this email address for. You can edit your note at any time by simply pressing the Update notes button and saving a new note.
- Emails sent to those disposable email addresses will be forwarded to the email address associated with your IVPN account.
Deleting a disposable email
To remove an email address you have created, simply:
- Open your Manage email panel.
- Select the email address you wish to delete from this list.
- Click on a Delete address button. This email address will stop receiving emails immediately and cannot be reinstated.
Available on the web
Just in case you ever need to sign up for something from another device, it is also possible to manage, create and delete disposable email addresses or even send mail from it in your personal Client Area, under VPN Account - Private emails tab.