To configure the OpenVPN GUI to save your credentials:
- Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the
C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\configfolder (or
C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenVPN\configon 64 bit systems).
- Using WordPad or a similar text editor, open the config file relating to the server you wish to save your IVPN account ID for (the filename should indicate the server location).
- Locate the line containing
auth-user-passand change it to:
- Create a new text file with the name
pass.txtand insert your IVPN Account ID (starts with 'ivpn') on the first line and a non-blank second line, then save, e.g.:
ivpnxxxxxx ivpnYou may not be able to save files directly to the c:\program files\openvpn\config directory due to Windows security controls. In this case, simply copy the file to your desktop first, edit it and then copy it back to the same location.
- Repeat step 3 for other config files you wish to save the Account ID for.