To configure the OpenVPN GUI to save your password:
- Using Windows explorer navigate to the
C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\configfolder (or
C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenVPN\configon 64 bit systems).
- Using wordpad or a similar text editor, open the config file relating to the server you wish to save your password for (the filename should indicate the server location).
- Locate the line containing
auth-user-passand change it to:
- Create a new text file with the name
pass.txtand insert your IVPN username (starts with 'ivpn') on the first line and your password on the second and save. eg.
ivpnxxxxxx mypasswordYou may not be able to save files directly to the c:\program files\openvpn\config directory due to Windows security controls. In this case simply copy the file to your desktop first, edit it and then copy it back to the same location.
- Repeat step 3 for other config files you wish to save the password for.